BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I heart John Sterling

Sadly, I no longer live in New York, so I can't just flip on the TV and watch my boys.  DC cable providers not smart enough to offer the YES Network.  (Anyone care to buy the MLB.tv or MLB cable package for me?!)  Thankfully, I'm a member of Yankees Universe, and part of the membership benefits include listening to games via Gameday, so I listen to the games on my computer.  I refuse to listen to non-Yankees announcers and I'm not fluent in Spanish, so I'm forced to listen to Suzyn Waldman and the infamous John Sterling.

There are tons of John Sterling haters out there, but I have to say, I heart the guy.  I think he's absolutely corny and ridiculous, which is why most people dislike him, but his dorky qualities I find endearing.  In a tribute to him (and a slow blogging week), I'm compling a list of Sterlingisms for this year's lineup.  Please feel free to add ones I've missed or your favorites from the past.

Robinson Cano - "Robbie Cano, dontcha know?!"
Derek Jeter - "El Capitan!"
Brett Gardner - "Gardner plants one in the seats.  Gardy goes yardy!"
Curtis Granderson - "Oh Curtis, you're something sort of Grandish.  The Grandy man can!"
Jorge Posada - "Jorge juiced one!"
Alex Rodriguez - "Alexander the Great conquers again.  An A-bomb from A-Rod!"
Nick Swisher - "Swishalicious!"
Mark Teixeira - "A Tex message into the seats.  You're on the Mark, Teixeira!"

0 comments: